Learn more about different fuel types—and make the best choice for you.
- Benefits: Natural and available. Wood can supplement furnace usage and reduce heating costs up to 30%.
- Fire Characteristics: Expect robust, steady fires. Our wood products deliver powerful heating performance and efficiency.
- Fire Starting: Paper, kindling, and a fire-starting log are effective.
- Type of Heat: Customize your comfort. Adding more fuel will immediately increase convective heat. Radiant heat will remain strong and steady.
- Fuel Storage & Handling: Dry storage is important. A cord of wood is stacked 4'x4'x8'. On average, a 1,500 sq. ft. home will require 2-4 cords per season.
- Benefits: Convenience. Quickly turn the fire on or off, adjust flame height and fire intensity.
- Fire Characteristics: Gas fires are consistent and controllable by design. You choose the fire's intensity.
- Fire Starting: Flip a switch or grab your remote. It's that easy.
- Type of Heat: Enjoy a steady mix of radiant and convective heat.
- Fuel Storage & Handling: Fed through a pipeline or delivered to your home and stored in an outside tank.
- Benefits: Clean-burning and consistent. Pellets are affordable, available and renewable.
- Fire Characteristics: Active and robust. A small fire can burn an inch high, while a powerful 10-inch blaze is bright and intense.
- Fire Starting: Automatic thermostats and temperature controls do the work for you—just keep your hopper filled.
- Type of Heat: Most of the heat is convectional—blown through a heat exchanger and out into the home.
- Fuel Storage & Handling: Pellets are normally available in 40 lb. bags. A 1,500 sq. ft. home will use 2-4 tons per season, on average.
- Benefits: Extremely reliable heat. No gas or wood to purchase. No venting required. Install almost anywhere.
- Fire Characteristics: A unique, hypnotic glow with no actual flames.
- Fire Starting: Use an outlet or have the unit hardwired. Then, simply flip a switch or grab your remote.
- Type of Heat: Electric fireplaces produce radiant heat—and you completely control the heat output.
- Fuel Storage & Handling: Electric fireplaces are extremely hassle-free and don't require any fuel storage.